Wednesday, February 15, 2012

catching up

I've been MIA this past week. I am still trying to learn how to balance blogging a few times a week with all the other things I need to do in the mornings. I've gotten about a week behind in my reading. The Israelites just received the Ten Commandments at Sinai.

This raises the question, what's the best way to handle setbacks? When you set out on such a project, how can you deal with bumps in the road without getting defeated and quitting? In this case, I'm setting a goal of reading 2 days worth of reading for the next few days until I catch up. The other thing I am trying to remember is to keep pace - because I am reading sections of the Bible I haven't read in forever, I am tempted to stop and explore and go in depth, and this project doesn't really allow for that. I am starting a list of passages/books that I want to go back and reread in greater depth after this year is over.

While I'm busy catching up, check out this beautiful song by Andrew Peterson called "Pillar of Fire."





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song.

    Keep the faith in reading through the Bible. Every time I have read through at some point I have had to read two days worth at a time. It is an amazing discipline. And so worth the effort. It has been several years since the last time I read all the way through. It is encouraging how many people I have met who are using this book. We must encourage each other.

    Thanks for the accountability!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten behind too, but I have been cheating by listening online to some of the chapters. Today, I'm officially caught up, but I'm not sure if I can make it all the way through Leviticus and Numbers. I may have to listent to most of those books!

    ReplyDelete